Part 1 September 12, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. MDT
Part 2 September 19, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. MDT
Two of the most important skills of an effective community leader is the ability to:
1. Facilitate group discussions
2. Help groups make decisions together in a way that engages all the voices in the group
Too often, we get thrown into the role of facilitator without having been taught the fundamentals and/or the chance to practice. In this workshop, you will have an opportunity to practice and receive feedback with peers in a fun, interactive, and non-threatening environment.
In Part 1, participants will learn fundamental skills of Facilitating Conversations in these areas:
- Content Neutrality
- Asking Good Questions
- Active Listening
- Keeping on Track
In Part 2, we will share Meeting Planning & Management Skills:
- Learn how to plan an agenda that helps the group meet their outcomes
- Learn tips and tricks of both in-person and online meeting management
- Learn a method for planning any meeting or training
- Learn ways to facilitate more effective decision making processes.
Facilitated through a lens of equity and inclusion, Mike and Sandhya want to help you apply these skills to your next meeting or workshop – online or in-person!
New Sliding Scale Fee structure!