Leadership Montezuma provides Inspirational and Educational Leadership development opportunities, as a Springboard to Individual Growth and Community Involvement.
Leadership Montezuma stimulates and fosters diverse viewpoints, resulting in innovative answers to critical questions facing our community. The program strives to create awareness and to connect leaders with issues.
The program begins late August/early September with an evening retreat. (The retreat is mandatory). Class members are then lead through 9 comprehensive days (the 2nd Thursday of each month, September through May. Typically from 8-4:30pm) that focus on a different segment of Montezuma County, including:
- Water, Agriculture, and Natural Resources
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Culture and Arts
- Non-Profit Leadership, Board Training, and Leader Development
- Health and Human Services
- Public Safety
- Local Government and Special Districts
- Community Economics
Leadership Montezuma is a 2 year commitment. Class members become the planners for the following year’s class, typically planning at least 2 sessions.
We encourage participants to get tuition support from their business or organizations; however each participant is personally responsible for a minimum payment of $50 of total tuition cost.
A critical factor in participant selection is identifying those individuals who are active in the community and are most apt to use their leadership knowledge and skills for the long-term benefit of this community.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Prepares you for community leadership by heightening awareness of key issues affecting our community.
- Enhances creative problem solving and team building skills.
- Offers interaction with prominent leaders who influence daily living in our area.
- Establishes a professional network, which is utilized well beyond the program duration.
- Board and leadership training and development
The application can be accessed as a PDF here
or can be completed online here